Leaving Certificate Timetable - 2016
Some important dates for your diary
The 2016 written examinations are starting on Wednesday 8th June 2016 and finish on Friday 17th June 2016.
The dates for the Leaving Certificate Oral Tests is 11th April to 22nd April, 2016
The following are the important dates for the Leaving Cert 2016
15th January - Finishing date for Leaving Certificate Design & Communication Graphics Practical Coursework.
Late February - Submission date for Leaving Certificate Design & Communication Graphics Practical Coursework. Specific date to be confirmed in due course following the issue of the candidate examination numbers.
4th March - Finishing date for Leaving Certificate Engineering Project Component.
2nd March -Finishing date for Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme Link Modules Portfolio.
8th April -Finishing date for Leaving Certificate Agricultural Science Practical Coursework and Leaving Certificate Agricultural Economics Project work.
8th April - Finishing date for Leaving Certificate Technology Practical Coursework.
11th to 22nd April - Leaving Certificate Oral Examinations commence.
Prepare for the oral exam with mocks.ie oral exam service
3rd May to 13th May- Start date for monitoring Leaving Certificate Agricultural Science and Agricultural Economics.
- Leaving Certificate Art Craftwork
- Leaving Certificate Art Design
- Leaving Certificate Art Imaginative Composition or Still Life
- Leaving Certificate Art Life Sketching
- Leaving Certificate Construction Studies Practical
- Leaving Certificate Engineering Practical
4th May - Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme – Link Modules – Written Examination
13th May - Finishing date for monitoring Leaving Certificate Agricultural Science and Agricultural Economics.
7th June - Start date for the monitoring of Leaving Certificate Construction Studies Practical Coursework.
Start date for the assessment of Leaving Certificate:
- Engineering Practical Coursework.
- Art Craftwork.
- Textile Studies, Elective Coursework in Leaving Certificate Home Economics Scientific and Social.
- Technology Practical Coursework.
7th June - Leaving Certificate Written Examinations commence. Prepare for the written exams with our:
10th June - Finishing date for the assessment of Textile Studies Elective Coursework in Leaving Certificate Home Economics Scientific and Social.
17th June - Finishing date for the monitoring of Leaving Certificate Construction Studies Practical Coursework.
Finishing date for the assessment of:
- Engineering Practical Coursework.
- Leaving Certificate Art Craftwork.
- Leaving Certificate Technology Practical Coursework.
Check www.cao.ie and www.examinations.ie for any changes to these dates.
Check out our career guidance section for information on career guidance, psychometric testing.
Arrangements for Candidates with Physical, Visual, Hearing and Learning Difficulties General Information Candidates with permanent or long-term conditions, including visual and hearing difficulties, or specific learning difficulties, which they believe will significantly impair their performance in the examinations may apply to the State Examinations Commission for a reasonable accommodation(s) to be made to facilitate them taking the examinations.
The reasonable accommodations are intended to:
- remove, as far as possible, the impact of the disability on the candidate's performance and thus enable the candidate to demonstrate his or her level of attainment and
- ensure that, whilst giving candidates every opportunity to demonstrate their level of attainment, the special arrangements will not give the candidate an unfair advantage over other candidates in the same examination.
All applications for reasonable accommodations are considered in light of a published Framework of Principles as set out by the Expert Advisory Group on examinations. More information is available on www.examinations.ie