Information We Collect
There are three methods through which we collect information:
1. Information you choose to give us.
2. Information we get when you use our services.
3. Information we get from third parties.
Information You Choose to Give Us
When you register with mocks.ie, we collect the information that you choose to provide us. For example, a membership requires you to provide some important personal information, such as: a unique username you’d like to go by, a password, an email address, your name, your gender, your race/ethnicity, your educational details (School Level, Exam Year, Subjects, etc.), and your date of birth. Our Premium Membership requires the collection of debit/credit card information, which is handled by our Payment Gateway Provider.
We will also handle information that you provide to us through our customer support services.
Information We Get When You Use Our Services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you interacted with a particular resource, completed an Online MCQ, or have listened to an Aural exam. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
Usage Information – We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information regarding how you interact with the services, such as Resources you interact with, completed Online MCQs, Aural Exams, and other services we provide.
Device Information – We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone.
Location Information – When you use our services we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points.
Log Information – We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
· details about how you’ve used our services
· device information, such as your web browser type and language
· access times
· pages viewed
· IP addresses
· identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser
· pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
Information We Collect from Third Parties
We may collect information that other users provide you when they use our services. For example, if a user chooses to register using Facebook or Google+, we may collect the information from these sites.
How We Use Information
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: Provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. Here are some of the ways we do that:
· develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain, and protect our products and services.
· send you communications, including email. For example, we may use email to respond to support enquiries or to share information about our products, services, and promotional offers we think may interest you.
· Monitor and analyse trends and usage.
· personalise the services by, among other things, displaying resources based on the subjects you have indicated.
· provide and improve ad targeting and measurement, including through the use of your precise location data (again, if you’ve consented to us collecting that data), both on and off our services.
· enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
· verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
· use information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance the services and your experience with them.
· enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
How We Share Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may share your information with the following third parties:
With third parties for legal reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
· comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
· investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
· protect the rights, property, and safety of us, our users, or others.
· detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Analytics and Advertising Services
Provided by Others
Provided by Us
Control over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
Access and Updates – We strive to let you access and update most of the personal information that we have about you. You can access and update most of your basic account information right on our Desktop or Mobile website, or through our app. If you wish to delete information or your account, you can do so by emailing us at email@example.com. We will notify you of your request as soon as we can and also when this has been processed. Because your privacy is important to us, we may ask you to verify your identity or provide additional information before we let you access or update your personal information. We will try to update and access your information for free, but if it would require a disproportionate effort on our part, we may charge a fee. We will, of course, disclose the fee before we comply with your request.
Account Deletion – If you wish to delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your intention of doing so. You will receive a written email response from one our staff confirming your request and an additional email when this has been processed.
A user needs to be over the age of 16 or has received consent from a Parent/Guardian to create an account with mocks.ie. If you are under the age of 16 and have not received said permission, then you will be unable to create an account with us. While we strive to ensure this is complied with, we will not be in a position to verify that every user has received said actual permission and assume that they have if they have ticked the box to confirm this prior to registration.